Friday, February 10, 2012

2/6 Web Conference

I watched the recording of the February 6th Web Conference.  There were three main topics discussed in the conference: Graduation/commencement, TK20, and the Lamar Competency Exam. 
I learned quite a bit about the graduation and commencement procedures at Lamar.  It is interesting how they handle the timing of graduation.  I will be done with classes in August, so I will not graduate until December.  After completing an undergraduate and a previous master’s degree, I am always amazed how different graduation procedures are with each institution. 
The TK20 system still seems to be a hot topic of discussion.  There seems to be quite a bit of confusion surrounding this portfolio software.  I think I am getting used to the system, but we do not get much feedback regarding this.  I plan to complete the portfolio very soon, so I am excited to near that milestone in the program.
Lastly, the LCE was discussed.  We were directed to the google site for information and study material.  I located the directions to access the exam, but did not find any videos or study material as mentioned. 
Overall, the web conference was beneficial.  It is always nice and comforting to interact with colleagues and peers.  It is also good to know that others share the same stress and struggles in completing the program. 

No comments:

Post a Comment